Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I'm losing my it feels..I am 35..I have very heavy

Customer Question

I'm losing my it feels..I am 35..I have very heavy periods,first off that are 30 days long and are only about 3 x a year....I'm bipolar. .I'm on Topamax, wellbutrin, and visteral. ...but I still have EXTREME bouts of anger,crying fits,heart racing sadness...suicidal thoughts as well ....I won't act though..I just think about it...I get frustrated. ...I want my old self back...please help me! Should I get a hysterectomy! ? Would that help,do I need hormones! ? I'm lost
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 5 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I cannot tell you if you should get a hysterectomy or hormone supplements as that is more inline with an OB/GYN or an endocrinologist, but I can tell you that hysterectomies and hormonal treatment typically will not resolve a Bipolar Disorder. May I ask, what are the current doses of your medication and for how long have you been taking them? Also what previous medications have you taken?