Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have a dual diagnosis. I also have sleep apnea and post trauma

Customer Question

I have a dual diagnosis. I also have sleep apnea and post trauma stress disorder. Because my sleep apnea is the cause of psychological reasons it makes it difficult for me to get the right kind of help especially because I was addicted to the medicine that I was taking for my Bipolar Disorder and I was addicted to sleeping pills. I have had two sleeping tests which where not of much help. Do you know of a place in Canada or Toronto where I can get the right kind of help that I need?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 6 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Typically a University or Teaching hospital would be best for difficult cases like yours. I would recommend either St. Michael's Hospital in Toronto or if you want to travel than McGill University Medical Center in Quebec.