Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

How do i overcome sex addiction. It is escalating it started

Customer Question

How do i overcome sex addiction. It is escalating it started off with just porn. Now I like shemales. I've had sex with two. I want to be straight so I am straight. And then there is the fact that I have countless sex with prostitutes. I just want to have a girlfriend already and have our relationship not be about sex.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 6 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Typically a Sex Addiction is not something that can easily be "cured" or overcome as you will have to enter into therapy, preferably Sex Therapy, for at least a few months to understand the underlying cause of your addiction. The sex with prostitutes and overall sex addiction is usually a symptom of a greater underlying cause and it will require you to enter therapy to truly overcome this issue. Are you willing to go to a Sex Therapist for treatment?