Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I have dual diagnosis. I also have post trauma stress disorder

Customer Question

I have dual diagnosis. I also have post trauma stress disorder and sleep apnea. My addictions are to the medicine I took for my bipolar disorder and to sleeping pills. Since my sleep apnea is caused psychologically it has left it very difficult to treat. I have had two sleep tests. Are you aware of some where in Canada or in Toronto where I can go and get help?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 5 months ago.
Hello Rachel, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in New York State. Thank you for reaching out to Just Answer. Please help me so that I am clear on what you are struggling with. You have:1). PTSD2). Bipolar d/o3). Sleep apnea4). Struggling with addiction to sleeping pills and bipolar medicationIs all of this correct? Can you list for me what your medications are currently and what you would like to seek treatment for primarily? and what kind of treatment. for ex; individual therapy, addiction rehabilitation, etc. Thank you , once you answer these questions we can proceed to chat together to determine the best course of action for you. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC