Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

You there? JA: The Psychologist will need to help you with

Customer Question

You there?
JA: The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: I'm actually looking for an online psychiatrist. I've been diagnosed schizoaffective for the past 5 years and been battling my disorder changing meds often and find that a strong dose of Ativan or weak dose of Xanax does the trick. I have paper work from my current doctor but he wont prescribeme what I need
JA: When you start doubting if you are seeing the world in the same way as everyone else it's time to talk to out Expert - or go live on a desert island. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: I start nursing school in September and don't want to freak once I start.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Any online psychiatrists you can refer me to?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you are looking for an online prescription for Xanax, but that is impossible as it is against Federal Law to prescribe a Controlled Substance, like Xanax, online. You will need to go to a psychiatrist face to face to get the prescription you are looking for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK ty for the info didn't know that!
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry, I know it is frustrating, but unfortunately the federal law prevents doctors from prescribing controlled substances for the fear of abuse. I wish you all the best and I hope you will find a psychiatrist that will be more helpful for you