Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

How do I safely get off of risperidone0.25 mg. taken since

Customer Question

How do I safely get off of risperidone0.25 mg. taken since March 31-16. I have for the past week had a headache in my temples and along the front of the head, the anxiety, puffy face, and fear . My Dr. wants me to stay on iot, and see him on the 19th of May, I do have a Psychiatrist on June 8th. my brain also seems to skip a moment here and there,not too often, but enough to notice and be afraid of driving. I am 73 years young.
Thank you
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. David replied 5 months ago.
This is Dr. Davidwhy do you want to get off of the risperidone?it sounds like your doctors want you to stay on it.what other medications are you taking?risperidone is used for patients who have bipolar disorder or schizophrenia or severe psychiatric disorders.