Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I am currently getting treatment , and have been diagnosed

Customer Question

I am currently getting treatment for hepC, and have been diagnosed with non alchoholic stage 4 liver cirosis. I am responding very well to the Harvoni, but will have the cirrosis for life , however long that is. I have been and am being treated for stress and anxiety, even previous to this diagnosis. I suffer from anxiety attacks and much more so lately. I am currently in MA being treated and visiting my daughter and two year old grand daughter. My Doctor back home in Janesville ,WI where I am from has always given me a hard time about filling my prescription, or I should say his nurse does. He has prescribed .05 tablets to be taken one time daily, and prescribes 20 tabs at a time. My liver specialist says that the xanex is fine for mr to take at least 3 times daily as he wants me to avoid stress and anxiety because it could worsen my condition. My Doctor in Wisconsin or I should say his nurse is adament about keeping me at 1 tab per day and prescribing only twenty tabs at at time, only when 20 days have passed. This has been very difficult for me out here as I cannot find a local Doctor who can fit me in thier schedual before mid July and I am going home to Wisconsin July 10th. Leaving my daughter and grand baby is a huge stress in its self. I need to have access to at least 3 tabs a day, as my liver specialists suggests but he does not handle that part of my care and asks me to contact my primary doctor. Who is only in the office 2 to 3 days a week and is difficult to contact. He is soon retirering. Can you possibly get a prescription for me at 3 tabs a day with 30 tabs prescribed at a time?
JA: OK. The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: Judy R McRoberts
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 9 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is not an online pharmacy so no prescription will be written for you here. Also because Xanax is a Controlled Substance it cannot be prescribed online and thus you must go to a doctor face to face.