Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

There is a woman I used to work with that appears to have schizophrenia.

Customer Question

There is a woman I used to work with that appears to have schizophrenia. I have not heard from her in 13 years then last week she came to my house to 'warn me about impending doom'. She came again a few days later to provide 'proof' of the doom. If she calls or comes to my house again, how should I responds?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I know that this is a very difficult situation for you, but the best thing to do would be to be polite in this situation and thank her for her concern of you by telling you and that you will think about what she said. In the mean time you can also recommend for her to talk to a psychologist or therapist about her concerns since they obviously cause her a lot of anxiety and distress; this way you are not calling her psychotic, but instead giving her a rational motivation to seek out professional help.