abray1115, Doctor
Experience:  Primary care with particular care and experience in managing common psychiatric problems.

Last three months or so I have been overly emotional.

Customer Question

For the last three months or so I have been overly emotional. I am an emotional person but it is getting out of hand, I cry at everything no matter how small.
JA: OK. The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: I'm an 19 year old collage student so stress is a factor, but otherwise I am anemic but I have been taking supplements for 3ish years now.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: I have also gained 15 pounds in the last 3 months.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  abray1115 replied 5 months ago.
Hello!Ok I see ... student....crying easily ...weight gain...You describe several symptoms that would point to depression as probable problem.I suggest that you seek help with this ..Psychiatrist is best and evaluation in more detail...Possible and likely that you would benefit from counseling and possibly an anti-depressant medication ...Daily walks / time outside / support and contact with friends and family would be advised to help you as well..." the therapy of pleasant distractions" I recommend as in stay engaged in activities or relaxation things that you would TYPICALLY enjoy even if you do not FEEL LIKE IT right now ... It helps to pull your attention and focus to more positive things ...I hope that this information is helpful for youLet me know if you have further questions or concerns I will be happy to get back with youIf my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedbackThank you and Best Regards,Anthony Bray MD