Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

My name is***** and I recently moved to Colorado

Customer Question

My name is***** and I recently moved to Colorado from Minnesota. I have been here for six weeks and cannot find a psychiatrist and I am out of my meds and I have ADHD and I'm having a really hard time right now. I'm just not sure how to go about getting my meds without a psychiatrist.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 5 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Unfortunately because you are most likely looking for a Controlled Substance, as most ADHD medications are controlled substances, you would need to find a doctor to prescribe said medication for you face to face per Federal Law. Controlled Substances cannot be prescribed online anywhere, so while it does not have to be a psychiatrist, it would be preferable if he/she was the one prescribing the medication for you given that it is a psychotropic medication