Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Can I get a doctors note saying that my dog needs to be at

Customer Question

can I get a doctors note saying that my dog needs to be at my side at all times?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.
This website does not provide that service as it requires a face to face assessment to determine your psychological needs and if the animal in question can be considered an emotional support animal or not. You need to see a psychologist or psychiatrist in person to get assessed properly and from there you can get the note you are seeking
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
that's not very helpful
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.
As I stated before this website does not provide a service of giving notes like the one you are looking for. This is only a Q&A website. You need to see a psychologist or psychiatrist in person. I realize this is not what you are looking for, but you misunderstood the nature of this website
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
basically you could not help with my issue, and the fact is that I knew that you need to see a doctor to get a note, I thought this site was about skipping the doctor visit for whatever need. I will ask for a refund
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.
No this website is about answering questions, hence the website name "JustAnswer." We cannot replace a doctor's visit or face to face assessment as that would be unethical. Good luck and I wish you all the best