Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I don't know exactly where to begin. I'm somewhat embarrassed

Customer Question

I don't know exactly where to begin. I'm somewhat embarrassed because I have never discussed this with anyone. In a nutshell, I am closeted cross dresser. I haven't dressed since I've been married (8years, and my wife has no idea). I, like many others, thought I could "quit". Unfortunately the urges and desires are still there, and I don't know what to do about it.
JA: OK. The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: Not that comes to mind right now.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 7 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I can understand why this issue of cross-dressing is distressing to you, but what exactly do you want to do about it? Do you want to try to resist the urges with therapy, which could take around 6-12 months? Or do you want to tell your wife and try to embrace this part of you?