Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

What syndrome is characterized by female children usually in

Customer Question

what syndrome is characterized by female children usually in a traditional home environment where the mother is a stay home mom, and the father work outside the home , often middle class.the female child is the oldest sibling. she may be less than a year old when the first sibling is born. She becomes distant to the mother and seems to bond closer to her father. she appears to bond well with her new sibling and is very protective. years later another sibling is born. Prettier, lighter skin and the image of the mother. she does not bond with this sibling, she tolerates her. she does not like this sibling. she tells her she's adopted. when her mom gives her instructions she goes to her father immediately,if she doesn't want to do it, she often goes to the father to under mine decisions her mother makes. the father always calls the mother by her first name, and tells the mother to respect her wishes what ever they are. year later the father rejects the daughter, he has remarried. the girl constantly seeks to takes advantage of her mom. keep the upper hand. she's attracted to villains on tv. she's never affectionate.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 5 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Without a face to face assessment it would be impossible to diagnose this person, so with the limited information you provided a personality disorder such as Antisocial Personality Disorder (ASPD), Narcissistic Personality Disorder (NPD), or possibly Borderline Personality Disorder (BPD) may be possible. But like I said, you have only given a very brief and limited amount of information so it would take a face to face assessment which usually is done in hours to properly diagnose this individual. I would recommend that this person be evaluated by a psychologist as soon as possible if you are concerned.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes I am very concerned. This daughter of mine managed to destroy my marriage to her dad. I find out years later that she has terrorized her younger sister who looks like me. She'd told her she was adopted, that we weren't her real parents. That she didn't belong to us. I've told her to go live next to her father but she won't. His new wife quickly broke all ties
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She got pregnant and had a baby. The pregnancy was one of the most difficult. Insulin 3 times a day, blood pressure medication three times a day. I made sure she had a car to drive, I went to every appointment with her. When she has any free time she goes out of town to see her dad. I got hurt at work. The first time my job called them. She and the sibling Who is 18 mos younger they are still very protective of each other. I had blurry vision couldn't drive. She and her sister were instructed to bring me to the plastic surgeons office for follow up visit. Neither one came to take me back to the doctor. Since then the one 18mos younger left and went to Japan. I've become majorly depressed, got injured at work and I'm dealing with their younger brother on my own. I have asked her not to do it , but she calls him behind my back to baby sit for her every weekend. Never considering her bro is learning disabled and we do his weekly prep on the weekend. Or that this is my child and she has no right to schedule his activities.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 5 months ago.
If she is lacking in empathy and is very selfish than I would say that ASPD or NPD seem to be the likely diagnoses here, but it would take a face to face assessment to confirm
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
How are these disorders treated?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 5 months ago.
At this point the treatment is only therapy, but they have a low success rate at less than 10 percent. And any success in treating these disorders has only been established in long-term inpatient settings, so for in the outpatient community we view these disorders as untreatable or uncurable unfortunately
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
She was ADHD, since elementary school. We were in the military so I had her tested. Her father wouldn't allow me to let the school know. She struggles with school work even now. But seems afraid to trust me that meds can help. Can her father help repair some of her faith in me, group counseling?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 5 months ago.
It is possible that group therapy may be helpful, but as I stated before if she has a personality disorder there is likely no treatment that will be effective...still there is no harm in trying group therapy