Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC

I have been reading a lot lately about ADD, and I relate very

Customer Question

I have been reading a lot lately about ADD, and I relate very much to signs and symptons.
JA: OK. The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: What type of information?
JA: Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 5 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in NYS. Thank you for using Just Answer. Yes, interestingly, many individuals with symptoms of ADD are going undiagnosed and untreated. Primarily because we live in a culture where the ability to concentrate in short bursts and/or multitask many projects at one is much more the norm. May I ask, what is your question of me? Sincerely ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
For about 2 months now I have been trying to schedule an apoointment with a psychiatrist in the area, but they seem to be very busy and I haven't been able to get an appointment for evaluation.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
That is really what I am looking for evaluation and treatment.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I dont have any specific question right now.
Expert:  Linda D. replied 5 months ago.
A psychologist can also do an evaluation to determine if you have ADD or ADHD. Maybe it would be easier to get an appointment with a psychologist? The focus for a psychiatrist is going to be treatment for mental health disorders specifically with medications. It does not sound like that is what you need. If a psychologist evaluated you as having ADD then your general physician can prescribe you with one of the medications used to reduce symptoms if that is what you would want. as far as treatment goes for ADD, other than medication, it is really about education and learning how to mange symptoms and/or develop ways to accommodate challenges such as making a plan for how long you will work on a task and setting a timer to prompt you. There are also some really good books written by and for people with ADD with really good suggestions. I hope this information helps. Please let me know if you have any further questions and I would appreciate it if you would take a moment to leave a POSITIVE rating for my service to you. Sincerely, ***** ***** LMSW, CASAC