Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC
90967183

I'm looking to get a legal prescription on line anxie

Customer Question

I'm looking to get a legal prescription on line for my anxiety without getting thrown in jail! I have a very nervous stomach and it helps keep me calm on not sick and my dog of 10 years is not doing well and I'm very upset
JA: OK. The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else the Psychologist should be aware of?
Customer: Just I don't have a doctor that is prescribing me it I'm looking for a therapist and I really need to know this is legal I don't want any trouble
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 7 months ago.
Hello Pamela, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in new York State. Thank you for using Just Answer. Unfortunately we are unable to provide prescriptions for medications online at Just Answer. Medications to treat anxiety are not prescribed online. doctors require a face to face meeting, especially the medications that are effective in treating anxiety but are in the benzodiazepine class, such as xanax, valium, etc. No it is not legal nor ethical to prescribe them online. I hope this answers your question. I am so sorry to hear about your dog and the trouble you are experiencing. I could help you with some non medication alternatives to coping with stress and anxiety if you would like. Linda D., LMSW, CASAC