Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Will hypnotherapy help my anxiety?

Customer Question

Will hypnotherapy help my anxiety?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr-A-Greene replied 7 months ago.
It certainly could, yes. First of all, it depends on whether or not you're suggestible. Research shows that only a certain percentage of people are suggestible enough to respond well to hypnosis, so the first step would be to make an appointment with a trained clinician and have them do some exercises with you to find out. Then, if you are a good candidate, they can discuss your specific goals with you regarding your anxiety. "Anxiety" is a big thing and it would be helpful to know if you experience it more in certain situations or in response to certain stimuli - or if it's more "global." Have you tried other treatments in the past? Have you tried hypnosis?