Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

I have. Never been the same since my elderly mom'death she

Customer Question

I have. Never been the same since my elderly mom'death she took her last breath in my arms. She and we're all we has
JA: The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: Anxiety disorder depression, I have often thought about PTSD as it was the trauma of childhood sexual assault and at 18 than my life devoted to taking care of mother and feat I would lose the only person whoever really loved me. This readers digest version
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: The anxiety and reliving memoerie has caused me to be so on edge of panic and fearfulmof any kind of stressful situation scares me senseless
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could the symptoms/depression/anxiety be a form of PTSD
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
They can definitely be associated with PTSD. The prequisite requirement for PTSD is that you have to be a victim or present in circumstances of abuse, serious bodily harm, sexual assault, and/or death. Given that you were present for your mother's death than you meet that prerequisite for PTSD. In addition, symptoms of anxiety, panic attacks, nightmares, insomnia, depression, fear, anger issues, and/or dissociation are all part of PTSD and some of your current symptoms match that. So yes overall, PTSD is highly possible and I would recommend that you seek treatment as soon as possible with a psychiatrist (psychotropic medications) and a psychologist (therapy)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What types of meds? currently taking 60 mg cymbalta and
D 300 wellbutrin
What the drugs to mentioned; psychotrpic meds?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
Cymbalta and Wellbutrin are all ready psychotropic medications. If they are not effective for you than your doctor can either increase both medications or switch you to another medication regimen. Psychotropic medications are not an exact science unfortunately so sometimes there are some trial and error approaches to get the right medication and dosage that will work for you with little to no side effects. For some people the respond great to certain medications and for others they do not respond at all and that is because our body chemistries are different.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome. I wish you all the best with your future treatment.