Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I am going thru an ugly divorce my husband controls all

Customer Question

Hi I am going thru an ugly divorce my husband controls all money is financially very well however thru this divorce he has cut me off from all forms of money credit cards health care etc... I take Ativan have been taking it on and off all my life since as a young child I suffered from severe panic attacks. My question is I'm finding online type dr visits costing $49 where they do a face to face interview. I do have one credit card but that is all I have. Would I be able to continue my. Prescription using this method until my medical and finances get settled? I ask because I can not afford to waste any money .
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I'm 56 years old and going through a 19 year marriage, divorce. My husband controls all money and until ironed out I am staying with a friend. As a child I suffered from panic attacks at the age of 4. I have never lived alone am terrified of it and am very anxious and can't sleep can't focus.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mental Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Also forgot to add we are separated and because he is a business owner I do not qualify for any type of free medical aid while the is in progress.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 6 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This is not an online pharmacy, so no prescriptions can be written for you here. Please contact customer service regarding a refund since you misunderstood the nature of this website.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I need to clarify my question because I'm not sure we are on the same page. I'm not asking you or anybody else on this website to prescribe my medications, I am asking if the online dr. Patient interview type process is an affordable way to continue getting my medications until my divorce is finalized and I receive support and insurance. I'm pretty much stuck right now until legally things get ironed out. Is the online dr patient service real? On the website I am looking into they ask for your healthcare provider and claim most insurance companies do support this.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 6 months ago.
I cannot tel you if it is real or not as I am not an expert on fraudulent websites, but I can tell you that Controlled Substances such as Xanax, Klonopin, Ativan, Adderall, etc...cannot be prescribed online at all no matter if it is a legitimate website or not per Federal Law. So because you are asking about Ativan, it will not be prescribed to you using that website.