Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I just want to know if crossdressing can fully cured cause

Customer Question

I just want to know if crossdressing can fully cured cause it is so depressing that I can only turned on by crossdressing. I have been crossdressing since I was around 10 and now I am 20.
I really want to stop but it feels like impossible to do it.
Thank you for your help.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 7 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. If you find that cross-dressing is causing you clinically significant distress, than yes this issue can be treated and "cured," but it would require you to invest in at least several months of therapy with a psychologist that has experience in treating paraphilias.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for the reply. If I may ask more, how high is the success rates of the theraphy? And do you recommend any particular method and clinic?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 7 months ago.
The success rate is usually very high at around 70-90 percent so there is a good chance this matter can be resolved fit you. I would recommend seeing a Sex Therapist for this issue. There are no major clinics that I am aware of that can substitute for individual therapy