Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

Adult son left suicide note, and I found him with pills and

Customer Question

adult son left suicide note, and I found him with pills and acid, has been non communicative for 3 days, note blames me for all his problems. Because of his age 37 he can deny going to a hospital. He won't seek help. not sure what to do.
JA: OK. The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: I'm just confused at the moment. He does have the potential to carry out this.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 6 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. If your son is a suicide risk than he can be involuntarily committed no matter what his age is. Involuntary commitment is meant to protect individuals that have a strong desire to harm themselves, so if you call 911 than the police will escort him to the hospital where he will be involuntarily committed for his own safety.