Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I lie about stupid things and it makes me look unfaithful to

Customer Question

I lie about stupid things and it makes me look unfaithful to my partner. Why do I do this?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 6 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I cannot tell you specifically why you do this as I have never met you nor have I assessed you face to face. In order to truly understand your unconscious and subconscious motivations, it would require at least a few sessions of therapy, so have you considered going to a psychologist to help you better understand your behavior?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
My medical insurance does not cover mental health.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 6 months ago.
Well like I said, there are literally dozens of reasons as to why you are acting in this manner and the only way to get down to understand the unconscious and subconscious motivations would be through therapy. You can consider going to a free clinic/low cost clinic for such treatment if cost is a concern to you
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm starting to believe my boyfriend is acting narcissistic and the fact that I did not tell him about going to a friend's house does not mean I lied I just didn't tell him till he asked,that's when he said I lied. I'm starting to realize that what had been happening for two and a half weeks really wasnt me, it was him. I believe he is to terrified of rejection he had made this stuff up and twisted my mental health and has caused me to start to believe I was the problem so that he can justify his reasons to walk away without admitting his issues. I will seek mental health help and will get me back to me.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 6 months ago.
It is definitely possible that your boyfriend is the one not accepting responsibility for his own actions and instead tries to blame you. If you feel this is not a healthy relationship than I would recommend that you should consider ending the relationship for your own well being.