Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Good Day, I live in middle east and I have

Customer Question

Good Day,
I live in middle east and I have some mental problems I guess it is some kind of anxiety and I have panic attacks which increased this year rapidly. 7 years ago, I went to psychiatric hospital in my city and they told me that I am depressed. The doctor gave me medicine for that and I take it for about 1 year with zero results. During that year I go to my doctor monthly for following up with him. Later, the doctor change his mind and he told me that I have anxiety and gave me medicine and I feel very good after 2 or 3 days. This good situation lasts for about 1 month and then my problem return again. I stopped trusting psychiatric hospitals in my country because of their wrong diagnosis and also some of my close relatives and friends have bad experience. I have stopped the medicines too. This was 7 years ago. Now I am thinking about going to some psychiatric hospital or clinic in Europe to get better medical care and want a place which provide Arabic translation service. Please advise me what to do and where I should go.
Thanks and Best Regards
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I would recommend that you consider going to the U.K., especially in London, as your grasp of the English language seems very good and also they provide you with a translator that will speak in Arabic for you to better understand as well. Also the psychiatric hospitals in the U.K. are very good and will help you with your anxiety issues.