Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I need help in dealing with a domineering, controlling, angry,

Customer Question

i need help in dealing with a domineering, controlling, angry, distrustful spouse who refuses to come with me for counseling, or go by himself
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 7 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Unfortunately if your spouse is not willing to go to counseling than there is likely not much you can do to change that. The choices your spouse makes are his own and that means he is the only one in control of such choices, just like you are the only one in control of your choices. While I understand that your spouse is controlling and possibly manipulative, the only way he can change is if he chooses to change or at least take the steps necessary to change (e.g. therapy). If he does not than you are left with only two choices 1) Stay in the marriage and try to bear with his behavior 2) Leave the marriage to escape his behavior. Other than that, there are no other options for you unfortunately