Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
74815544

If a heterosexual man has sex with a man 4-5 times over a 20

Customer Question

If a heterosexual man has sex with a man 4-5 times over a 20 year period and does not again for the next 40 years, is he considered bisexual?
( If this needs to be answered by a Sex Therapist, please forward to one )
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. This website does not have any certified Sex Therapists, but I have provided Sex Therapy as part of my training and have worked in a number of LGBT mental health counseling services as well. Typically if a man has sexual intercourse with another man 4-5 times in his life and does not have sex with any other man for 40 years than this is not considered evidence of bisexuality. Bisexuality does not have to involve the act of sexual intercourse instead it would have to involve a sexual attraction to both genders. So even if the individual does not engage in sexual intercourse with a male, and I am assuming he has engaged in sexual intercourse with a female during these 40 years, if he still finds other males to be sexually attractive and is aroused by them than he would meet the criteria for bisexuality, assuming he also finds females to be sexually attractive and arousing as well.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
OK. Thank You!!!
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.
You are most welcome. Please feel free to contact me at anytime if you have any other questions. *Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.