Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My son stopped 3mg of Risperidal two weeks ago he is 7 started

Customer Question

My son stopped 3mg of Risperidal two weeks ago he is 7 started on small doses since October 2013 and the kept increasing they increased to 3mg on 12/9/15 he is very aggressive especially towards me when should we expect the detox to end approx? He was misdiagnosed at 5 on spectrum but has had pandas since about 3 and half so Risperidal is worst drug for pandas and made him worse that's why they kept increasing the dosage but made him worse. Any idea/ help on when we can expect his body to completely rid of this horrible drug??? Thanks
JA: The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Psychologist before I connect you two?
Customer: No that's it he has high level of step aso in his blood 800. That's how they know it's pandas plus he has every symptom of pandas
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 11 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. It will typically take 1-2 months for the Risperdal to completely wash out of his system