Dr. Kaushik
Dr. Kaushik, Psychiatrist
Experience:  MD Psychiatry
9385906

I don't know what my diagnosis is. whatever I am I am high

Customer Question

I don't know what my diagnosis is. whatever I am I am high functioning because i'm holding down a job and I'm married. But I'm afraid people can read my mind and that my phone can watch me and post pictures of me on the internet even though its off. my clients might get mad at me if they can read my mind. Or they might take thoughts out of my head. and I get really scared when I go in public and theres a lot of people. I don't want so many of them to be able to control my thoughts or read my mind. I'm afraid to call my psychiatrist, because she might put me on more medication. But do you think I should call her? I'm already on 10mg of Abilify. I don't want to take more. But I'm starting to be afraid to go places. I'm ashamed to tell anyone that I think this. My husband says this is not possible.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Kaushik replied 1 year ago.
LGreetings.Welcome to the site.I am a psychiatrist and i believe i can help you with your query.Well, you see you are at the moment harboring paranoid ideas and delusional thoughts which need immediate attention from your psychiatrist because it so seems to me that your medication abilify 10 mg is falling short in controlling your train of thoughts which are compelling you to feel this particular way and scaring you to let yourself go out in the open in a public domain and meet and interact with other people and go about your daily routine life as usual.I am sorry that it is unfortunately affecting you but this can be controlled and for that you need to meet with your psychiatrist and tell the psychiatrist all about your thoughts and ideas which are coming in your mind, e more you tell her/him the better it would be for your treatment and rapid recovery.I will like to suggest an increment In the dose of abilify to 15 mg and then to 30 mg after 2 weeks, plus i will also like you to discuss with your psychiatrist about addition of a mood stabiliser to your present drug regime such as divalproex or depakene since one of these chosen drugs can really help in stabilizing your random thought process and in controlling your mood which at the moment is fearful and apprehensive of others.So i will conclude by saying that you should not stop yourself in consulting your psychiatrist and tell her everything that you are feeling at the moment and clearly mention details of your thoughts to her so that she can provide you best remedy for your faster recovery. I hope this makes sense to you and helps you to find an answer to your dilemma. Wish you all enjoyed best. Please kindly leave a POSITIVE RATING if you are satisfied with the answer. Regards