How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. Keane Your Own Question
Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 1377
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Keane is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

My sister's daughter has had tantrums all her life. Recently they have become wo

Customer Question

Hi, my sister's daughter has had tantrums all her life. Recently they have become worse, once a day and really bad. Andrea (my sis) has said she really seems to want a fight with someone. The family are going thru a lot, my sister recently had a heart transplant, she is doing ok recovering but it will take a while. Andrea is on drugs which make her emotional and doesn't need daily tantrums. Andrea often seems unwell and weak (this is what the daughter sees a lot). There is a brother also, who copies the daughter with emotional explosiveness.The family will move to a new suburb soon also. A lot of changes happening. The daughter is very close to Andrea. Any advice would be great.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. It is possible that the child may be going through episodes of either Oppositional Defiant Disorder (ODD) or ADHD from what you described and the severity of it. I would recommend that the child be examined by a Child Psychiatrist to determine the proper diagnosis and treatment.

Related Mental Health Questions