How JustAnswer Works:

  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.

Ask Dr. Z Your Own Question

Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Category: Mental Health
Satisfied Customers: 10643
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.
Type Your Mental Health Question Here...
Dr. Z is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Hey, I'm Dylan and i live in Australia. iv got all symptoms

Customer Question

Hey, I'm Dylan and i live in Australia. iv got all symptoms of bulimia nervosa and has been told by my gp that i have high risks and symptoms, i am at the point where i have had a headache for 2 days straight and no hunger. I ate dinner tonight and didnt purge but went running for an hour. im not sure if i should call a hospital and get admited because i honestly feel like im going to pass out all the time.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I would definitely recommend seeing a psychiatrist and entering into an eating disorder treatment program as soon as you can for long-term treatment. If you currently feel like you are going to pass out all the time, low energy, and have other physical symptoms related to Bulimia than yes you most likely will need an IV drip of nutrition because you are currently malnourished. Consider going to the ER and getting admitted into the hospital for a few days of IV nutrition and then you can focus on the long-term treatment plan.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
as its been 3 years already that iv been suffering these symptoms would you say that is most likely actually bulimia, also how would i go about going into the er and saying this too them?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
I cannot make a diagnosis over the internet, but I will trust your GP when he/she stated that you meet the criteria for Bulimia. Go to the ER and tell them that your doctor has diagnosed you with Bulimia and then describe your fainting/passing out symptoms, lack of energy, and any other physical symptoms you believe should be known
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thank's heaps!
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
You are most welcome and I truly hope that you get the help that you need very soon.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.
I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue. *Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.

Related Mental Health Questions