Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.

I have chronic hives. My doctor prescribed 10 mg Doxepin to

Customer Question

I have chronic hives. My doctor prescribed 10 mg Doxepin to start. I am concerned about taking this with my Klonopin .05 I take half a pill 2x a day. I take one half Klonopin before bed and am to take the Doxepin before bed. I am concerned about side effects and drug interactions. I have had dizziness issues many years ago as well. Is it safe to take the Klonopin and Doxepin together before bed?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have had chronic hives for 9 months. I am about to try Doxepin for this issue. I have been on Klonopin for balance and anxiety since 1989. I am concerned bout mixing the two.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mental Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 6 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. It is definitely safe to take both the Doxepin and Klonopin, but you may experience increased drowsiness and dizziness with the combination so it is goof to be lying down and not moving or being active due to the possible dizziness factor. Overall though this is still a safe combination and will not cause any severe interaction effects.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 6 months ago.
I hope this answers your questions and gives you some guidance on this issue. Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns as I am happy to assist and support you regarding this issue. *Please do not forget to leave a positive rating at the top of the page so that I can get credit for helping you. Thank you, ***** ***** appreciate it.