Dr. Z
Dr. Z, Psychologist
Experience:  Psy.D. in Clinical Forensic Psychology with a background in treating severe mental illnesses.

Ive been sturggling years with thoughts of causing harm

Customer Question

Ive been sturggling for 10 years with thoughts of causing harm to myself and others. I have images of fires guns me using the gun and doing dangerous things. I can not switch my thoughts to something pleasant. I have taken alot of medications that didnt work. Currently i am on anafranil 125 mg risperadal 4mg and klonopin. What does this sound like to you? Do these sound like the right medications.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 6 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Unfortunately it sounds like you are suffering from Harm OCD (Obsessive Compulsive Disorder) with the medications you have been prescribed. This is a good regimen, but most likely your daughter will consider increasing the Anafranil over time as that is going to be the most effective for your OCD symptoms. In addition, adding a SSRI antidepressant or a mood stabilizer like Lamictal can be helpful in treating OCD symptoms too.