Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Years my husband has has a girl over at our house

Customer Question

For three years my husband has has a girl over at our house 20 years younger.I was told they were having an affair..they swore they weren't so I let her come back over..they act word, she wears his clothes, he worries about her, takes care of her, they play with each other's hair, nails your name it..the list goes on and on..a few months ago I started suffering severe depression they have almost caused me to have a nervous breakdown..my husband ignores me and even had changed completely so bad or whole family notices.. A few months ago I felt like I went into this hyper mania state felt crazy, super sex crazed had an affair but yet the whole time it didn't seem real almost like I had no sense of reality right or wrong, nothing...I can't explain it..I ain't TRYING to not take responsibility I have but it all is a fog and I feel brought on completely by their actions..I have so much I could say but this is just a small portion..
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 7 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I have been reading a lot about hypermania causing affairs could this be what happened to me.I am not a cheater at all but my mind was sex crazed, confused, I made choices that I would not make I have no right from wrong, sense of reality, no consequences..I am just confused this lasted for a couple of months and then I just went into a deep deep depression..I feel like my mind snapped due to the stress of my husband's precious affairs and worrying.I am also suffering from panic attacks now
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 7 months ago.
If you are asking if you have a Bipolar Disorder where you had an episode of Hypomania, I cannot make that diagnosis online. You will have to see a psychologist or a psychiatrist face to face to determine if you meet the criteria for this diagnosis.