Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I used to be prescribed xanax it it workedvgreat , now

Customer Question

I used to be prescribed xanax it it workedvgreat for me, now that I have another dr no one will prescribe it because others have abused it. Can anyone help me
JA: The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: I have bad anxiety and panic attacks, I jave been put on prozac, celexa,and a bunch othets that do nothing for me
JA: Anything else I can tell the Psychologist before I connect you two?
Customer: After being attacked several years ago I teceived coumseling and was prescribed this as well as ambien.since I have moved doctors have used me as a guinea pig indyead of treating me with the corrrect medication that works for me.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 6 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Unfortunately because Xanax is a Controlled Substance, only a psychiatrist can prescribe the medication face to face to you. Also the protocol for using Xanax is to use it for only 4-6 weeks to avoid addiction and abuse. So I would suggest that you continue to work with your doctors to find other non-addictive medications that you will not abuse. Good luck