Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

My daughter is 6 and recently told me that her 10 year old

Customer Question

My daughter is 6 and recently told me that her 10 year old stepbrother asked her to pull her pants down and show him her privates. She told him no, that it wasn't ladylike. The next day she wanted to play a video game with him and he told her the same thing. She then said that he came toward her and she "tripped on the wall and was in the corner" and that he pulled her pants and underwear down, looked at her privates, and touched her twice. I have a lawyer involved, as does my ex husband, and we have a consent order in place stating there is to be no contact. There are many other things going on as well, not specific to the molestation. I, as a mother, feel like I need to be doing something more proactive to have the situation taken care of faster because her father is dragging his feet on getting her in to see a child psychologist.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 6 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am sorry that your daughter had to go through this and I agree that there should be no contact with her step-brother at all, but may I ask what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?