Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

My daughter is married to a indian working as a consultant

Customer Question

My daughter is married to a indian working as a consultant in Germany but he is mentally harassing her and even beats her when she says she says that she will report at 110 he says what is the proof that he has beaten her. I'm afraid she is going towards suicide
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 6 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am very sorry that your daughter is in this situation regarding her husband's abuse. Given her situation, I would strongly suggest that she leave this marriage or either he will severely physically hurt her to the point where it could be fatal or as you stated she may commit suicide. Also I noticed you did not pose a question in your description, so ay I ask what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want my daughter report to the police but what to do next
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want her husband changes his attitude
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Plz suggest
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 6 months ago.
You may want her husband to change his behavior, but that is not up to you or me as that is up to him. If he wants to change than he has to choose to change. As for your daughter she just needs to walk to the nearest police station or hospital and report the abuse so that they can protect her.