Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

My name is ***** *****. I'm tortured over how to take the

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** *****. I'm tortured over how to take the next step in my career. I am very successful and the sky is the limit, not only do I believe that, it is reality. However I work for a company that did not take care of employees very well in the past, I was one of those employees. Now, at 36 I find myself as COO, and struggling with a feeling that if I don't help my employees to get over the hump like I did, that I somehow not doing my job. So for two years I've tried and tried to train them, teach them, give them chances to grow their knowledge, give them direct access to me, and nothing is changing. They are still not performing and the old culture of the past management team before me (my bosses) rains supreme. Meanwhile I am respected in my industry and a trusted source. I grew the company by 200% when I was in a Sales position, so growing the business and making sure everyone has jobs is something I am very good at as well. But I feel like I'm leaving my team behind but the company is suffering because I'm not out in the public doing what I do best. I guess I'm all over the place right now. The one thing I've recognized is that this is affecting me in a major way in my life, in its entirety. It is just work, but I live in an expensive city, with three kids and a wife to support. I'm just rambling because I don't know how to make a decision.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Robot?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Mental Health Professionals generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
It is important to note that this is my second "real job" and in both cases I've started at the bottom and landed at the top as a result of recommendations of my superiors. What am I missing about myself?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 6 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I am not sure what you are exactly asking. It sounds like you are generally unhappy with your current job because of how your company treats is employees and because of the lack of motivation/drive by your employees as well. You want to help your employees succeed and the company succeed, but here appears to be a lot against you to achieve that goal and that is not your fault. Have you considered looking for a new opportunity with a different company?