Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I have just recently been confronted with mind control being

Customer Question

I have just recently been confronted with mind control being part of my SRA. I am getting ready to embark on a journey with a recently exposed sub level of alters. I have worked towards integration with my known parts for four years. Any ideas on ball park figures for how much time it will take for healing for mind control?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 6 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. It is difficult to truly put a timeline on treatment as alters from a Dissociative Identity Disorder (DID) are difficult to treat. In addition, there is the factor of what type of treatment regimen will you be using as well (e.g. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, EMDR therapy, medications, etc...); so with all these being said typically treatment for this should last anywhere from 1 year to 5 years. The specific type of treatment regimen, the qualifications of your mental health practitioners, and how you will respond to treatment are all factors that can play a part in this timeline of healing