Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC
90967183

My name is***** am in DESPERATE need of some help.

Customer Question

Hello, my name is***** am in DESPERATE need of some help. My husband is displaying behavior that I just do not understand and its beginning to scare me. I'm just going to give you a few highlights because it could go on and on. My husband is constantly accusing me of taking material things from him. he has gone so far as to say I have gone to his storage unit, which he says I made a key for, and removing items, selling them on websites i.e Craigslist etc., given thing to my daughter, even said he saw stuff of his at her house. Now he convinced I have listed "my jewelry (none of which is worth anything at all) and purses online to sell, even showed me pictures, none of it is mine, he'll look at my hand and say things like" where's the ring you had on early"?, when I've worn the same rings forever. he will spend hours looking on craigslist for tools, and other sites for jewelry. He has accused me of taking his bar of soap and putting shavings around the edge of our living room, says neighbors (or me) have gotten into his van, taken his tide detergent, and filled it up with water. I cut my hair yesterday, he came home and said the hair in the sink wasn't mine, the texture was different and said I had a man over and I cut his hair. He will say I'm not answering his texts because I have someone at the house. it goes on and on. Doctor, I don't know what to do or think, and honestly I'm beginning to really worry. Is there something wrong with him or do you think he is playing with my head? PLEASE HELP ME
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Linda D. replied 8 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in New York State.Thank you for using Just answer, I am here to help you. The behaviors you are describing regarding your husband are very abnormal whether he is suffering from a mental health disorder or as you said, "playing with your head," so I think it is a very good thing that you reached out today. I need to ask you some questions that are important for me to know so that I can help you more effectively:1). how long has your husband been exhibiting these behaviors?2). was there been any recent psychological or physical trauma that he has experienced?3). is he on any medications?4). any changes in his eating, sleeping, or other routines that you have noticed?5). does he drink alcohol or do drugs and if yes, how much and how often?Any other information along these lines would be helpful, thank you, ***** ***** forward to hearing your responses. Linda