Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have been experiencing a cycle of denial and repression to

Customer Question

I have been experiencing a cycle of denial and repression to experiencing flashbacks of possible abuse when I was a child. This cycle has been disturbing me for a long time. How can I make this stop and live life normally?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 8 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. It is possible that you may be experiencing symptoms of PTSD and the only way to truly treat the core causes of this would be with consistent therapy such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT). There is no quick fix to this issue as your mind is telling you that it feels overwhelmed and that it must process these current and past traumatic issues if you are to move forward. I would highly recommend that you find a psychologist in your area and begin therapy immediately which should take several months to process everything and lessen the symptoms dramatically