Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Looking therapist in US who uses to treat PTSD from

Customer Question

Looking for a therapist in US who uses MDMA to treat PTSD from which I suffer. ALL the research, of course, supports this protocol, and I did Ketamine with an anesthesiologist who was great, but K fades.
JA: When you start doubting if you are seeing the world in the same way as everyone else it's time to talk to out Expert - or go live on a desert island. Anything else I can tell the Psychologist before I connect you two?
Customer: I'm hearing from others and the literature that the MDMA is a great asset to therapy ... that's all ...
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 8 months ago.
*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum. Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Unfortunately because MDMA is a Schedule I Drug that means it cannot be used for therapeutic or prescribed use at all. While most research on MDMA was done in the 60s and 70s before this ban, currently you will not be able to find any psychiatrist that can legally give you this drug unfortunately, even though the studies showed positive benefits. Outside of rare clinical trials, you cannot legally get MDMA in the United States.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Elsewhere in the world where MDMA is legal AND there are top psychotherapists? I knew legal status of MDMA.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 8 months ago.
I believe parts of Eastern Europe, Sweeden, Norway, and Australia allows for its limited use, but as for if there are good psychiatrists there that use this I cannot say. I can only tell you what is available for treatment in the U.S. and what is not.