Linda D.
Linda D., Psychotherapist, LMSW, CASAC
Experience:  LMSW, CASAC

I need to consult with a mental health doctor pls

Customer Question

i need to consult with a mental health doctor pls
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
hi doctor, i think i got a major depression, i dont have self confidence at all and i feel soo alone in life, i dont like to go outside i think people will look at me or laugh at me, im only 23 years old male but never had a girl friend in life only on internet had some, i feel like im so rejectable person, i got this from long ago and these days it got so worse please help me i even cant sleep
Expert:  Linda D. replied 7 months ago.

Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a licensed psychotherapist in private practice in New York State. Thank you for using Just Answer, I am here to help you. the medication you are on is not a medication to treat depression. It is normally used for short-term relief of social anxiety.The symptoms you are describing are also consistent with anxiety; being afraid to go outside; avoiding relationships; etc. Anxiety like yours is best treated with a combination of therapy; specifically Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and medication management. The good news is that anxiety disorders are treatable and with a commitment on your part to trust and work with a therapist your symptoms can be managed. Would you like me to research a therapist in your area that may be helpful to you? I look forward to hearing from you. sincerely, Linda

Expert:  Linda D. replied 7 months ago.

Hello there, were yo able to read my advice to you? Did these recommendations help and/or do you have any further questions from me??? Linda