Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Is deepression related to schizophrenia?

Customer Question

is deepression related to schizophrenia?
Category: Mental Health
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
if the person suffered deepression can get schizophrenia?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
i understand schizophrenia is associated with deepression but i want to know is deepressionis associated with schizophrenia?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
is preexisting deepression cause schizophrenia
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 8 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Depression is not related to Schizophrenia at all as Depression is classified as a mood disorder, while Schizophrenia is classified as a Psychotic Disorder. If you have suffered from depression at any point in your life, it does not increase your chance of acquiring Schizophrenia.