Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

I have a 4 year old daughter that is currently being coached

Customer Question

I have a 4 year old daughter that is currently being coached by her dad in regards ***** *****
JA: OK. The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so the Psychologist can help you best.
Customer: My husband and I have been separated since Oct. From the beginning he has used her. He has kept her from me twice, filed custody and was denied. Now that we have joint custody he continues to make allegations of abuse on my end by my boyfriend that were unfounded. Her story was different when she was with him than when she was interviewed away from him. Now he has made an allegation of sexual abuse and the language she used was not consistent with what a 4 year old said.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: She has mentioned to me that her Dad has told her to say bad things.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Psychologist about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 8 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation? Or were you looking for legal advice concerning custody?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I'm trying to understand how to prove the coaching and get the truth out, would Child Therapy be best for her?
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 8 months ago.

Child therapy would be best and it would be vital to get a family court appointed therapist as this would show that you are being objective and not trying to manipulate your daughter like the father is doing. Also a child therapist that specializes in abuse and custody cases would be best as the therapist would be experienced in possible coaching.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 8 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns as I would be happy to continue assisting you regarding this issue.