Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I need a DR's note/excuse to get out of jury duty. I have

Customer Question

I need a DR's note/excuse to get out of jury duty. I have full blown panic disorder. I have for many years now and do my best just to get by day to day. Now I have received a jury summons in the mail and I know there is no way I can do that. Now what do I do?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 7 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. You can go to your general practitioner or a psychiatrist where you can get diagnosed with severe anxiety and panic attacks and then one of them can write you a note to excuse you from jury duty.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I knew that already....My doctor is not being much help though. Thank you for your time.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 7 months ago.

Unfortunately this is only a Q&A website, a doctor's note cannot be written for you here. Good luck though.