Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I'm a 39 year old attorney in New Orleans. About six months

Customer Question

Hi. I'm a 39 year old attorney in New Orleans. About six months before I married my husband, I accidentally found a box in the bedside table of naked pictures of his ex girlfriend and some of his ex wife. He agreed that it was inappropriate to hold onto and said he was going to get rid of them. After that night, I did not bring it up and trusted him. We are married now and moved into our new home. This weekend, we unpacked a box that contained those naked pictures and pictures of his ex wife. How should I handle this?
JA: The Psychologist will need to help you with this. Is there anything else important you think the Psychologist should know?
Customer: Infidelity caused his other divorces. I keep that in the back of my mind, even though I trust him and believe he is very loyal to me. I do not want to handle this the wrong way, but feel strongly that these photos have no place in our home. If he doesn't intend to look at them why hasn't he thrown them out? How is that supposed to make me feel?
JA: When you start doubting if you are seeing the world in the same way as everyone else it's time to talk to out Expert - or go live on a desert island. Our top Psychologist is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the Psychologist in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the Psychologist until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 7 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I cannot tell you why he is specifically keeping this box with nude pictures of his past partners, as only he can tell you the exact reason he has not thrown out the box yet. But no matter what you should calmly explain to him how hurt you are that he has not thrown those pictures yet and that you would like him to do so immediately. Explain to him that you and he are in a committed relationship now and that he does need these pictures to delve into a fantasy of his previous partners. You can tell him that you feel insecure and second-best when he keeps these pictures around as it may make you feel you are not enough for him.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 7 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns as I would be happy to continue assisting you regarding this issue.