Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My daughter is in a relationship with a man who claims to be

Customer Question

Hi , My daughter is in a relationship with a man who claims to be a werewolf and the sad part is she believes him. I want to get help for her but we are away from Canada till June.I looked this up an the internet and I believe it is called Lycanthrophy but my belief is that he is just making up stories to control her. He has recently stolen her computer and deleted emails from friends and one that had the potential to be a very good job offer.She feels sorry for him and wants to try to help.This has happened before and she went back. She is with us again now but I can see her weakening her resolve. My blood pressure is strengthening.
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Unfortunately the only person in control of your daughter's actions and behavior is her alone, so she must make the decision on her own to not go back to this man. I do not know what is wrong with this man as he could be delusional or purposefully manipulative, but I agree that he is not a good influence on her. I would recommend that you try to push your daughter to enter into therapy so that she can work on herself and increase her own sense of self-worth and independence so that she will not have to rely on others or fall prey to their manipulation.