Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

My boyfriend suffered a traumatic brain injury due to a car

Customer Question

my boyfriend suffered a traumatic brain injury due to a car accident and was in a comma for months. he had to learn to walk again, etc. His psychiatrist just diagnosed him with schiziopippi. we don't even know how to spell it and he did not ask. what is this?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 7 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. Unfortunately there is no disorder named "Schizioppi" so I cannot tell you exactly what you rboyfriend's doctor is referring to. He/she could be describing Schizotypal Personality Disorder, but I cannot be certain of course since it does not sound like the doctor adequately gave enough information about what is going on with your boyfriend. I would recommend trying to contact the psychiatrist and asking him/her to spell the disorder so that you can research it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did pay $27 for this answer. Could you please describe this schizotypal personality disorder, please.
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 7 months ago.

Schizotypal Personality Disorder causes symptoms of magical and bizarre thinking, paranoia, lack of emotion/numbness, odd speech pattern which can include rambling and neologisms, increased and intensive anxiety especially in social situations, and ideas of reference.

Expert:  Dr. Z replied 7 months ago.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns as I would be happy to continue assisting you regarding this issue.