Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.

I think i have a problem with flirting with other women. I

Customer Question

I think i have a problem with flirting with other women. I am in a relationship for 16yrs n married for 3. I love my wife n my children but i fear i will lose them. My wife has found( numerous times) conversations of me flirting with other women and she's sick of it. I don't have intentions of acting on any of the flirting, i just like to flirt and talk dirty and send/receive dirty/nude pics of women. I was wondering if i have some type of disorder that can be helped in some sort of way
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 7 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I cannot diagnose you over the internet as it takes a face to face assessment to determine a proper diagnosis. Based on what you described you could have an inherent self-esteem issue and you seek attention from these other women to help boost your own sense of self-worth or it could be possibly a sex addiction issue. Overall because this is a problem that is not only distressing to you, but causing problems in your marriage I would recommend that you consider going to a therapist that specializes in relationship issues to help you overcome and move forward from this.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I really don't know what to do
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 7 months ago.

Well I would recommend seeing a psychologist/therapist for treatment as this is distressing to you and could eventually lead to a break up of your marriage if the behavior continues. Treatment is not something that will happen over night and instead you will probably be in therapy for several months to help you overcome this issue.