Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

The I was married 15 years ago ,yes he was physically

Customer Question

The I was married 15 years ago ,yes he was physically abusive only one time verbal abuse I went through counseling and thought about it back out in life and trying to meet somebody well I'm taking all kinds of course is like trying to learn catch him and keep. Well that was 15 years ago, no children not trying to feel sorry for myself but every man I've meet after last ex husband just want sex and gone, any suggestions.......
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. I understand that you want suggestions, but I am not sure what you want suggestions on exactly.... May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do I do meet a man who wants a long-term relationship not just 5 minutes of sex and gone
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Well there are men out there that want a long-term relationship with someone as not all men want a short-term physical relationship so it sounds like you may be looking in the wrong places unfortunately. Currently dating websites like Match.com or Ourtime.com are very popular and are catered towards more long-term and committed relationships, so you may want to consider trying this. In addition, local community centers have regular workshops and classes for a variety of hobbies and you can consider meeting someone there in a mutually shared hobby as well.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Meet 100s,1000s all they want is a physical relationship half hour and gone dating websites in harmony match church all I encounter
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that, but there is no magic criteria for finding the right guy. Some want just a physical relationship and others want a committed and slow relationship, it is just a matter of finding the right man for you. I would recommend that you continue looking on these online dating websites, through church, community center functions, etc...not all guys just want a physical relationship as that would be a gross over-exaggeration of the male gender.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Trying butt frustrated
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I definitely understand how frustrating it can be, I have bee through the online dating scene and it is definitely frustrating. Try to be honest with your profile in what you are looking for and be very very selective, I mean pick only guys that really seem genuine and want to get to know you before a physical relationship is established.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can't even get to the point of getting to know them all .All they do is ask to meet and have a drink and get a room , I asked would you like to talk for a while texting or on the phone to get to know one another all I say is I want a night or an afternoon
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

Then do not respond to those profiles and those men and just move on from them.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Move on to where I try make new contact try to get involved the world treats me like I'm not there
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry to hear that. You may also benefit from a support group or group therapy concerning that issue since it appears to revolve mainly around a depressive disorder, which would be understandable give your situation

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Taking quite a bit of psychology in college I fought too hard to be depressed I'm just lonely and fed up with the whole situation and what's going on looking for an answer , thank you I'm over the road truck driver and it's hard to do something like that I've done one of those before and those people come from a different world than I do they don't have the same social background and upbringing that I do
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

I know that it is difficult to find the right person sometimes, but he is out there, you just need to keep being persistent with your search. Good luck and I wish you all the best.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 1 year ago.

You are most welcome