Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

My 12 yr old grandchild seems to have a very strange fetish.

Customer Question

My 12 yr old grandchild seems to have a very strange fetish. Whenever the opportunity arises for her to be alone with her dog she gets him to continuously lick her all over and in her mouth. I discovered this when searching for a video on her phone and found videos of this instead. Then keeping a watch on her discovered this was a very regular thing with her. Please help?
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 8 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. While I understand your concern about this behavior, but in order for this to be a "fetish" your grand-daughter would have had to received sexual pleasure from this act and also usually fetishes or paraphilias are more "diagnosed" in young adulthood to adulthood, meaning that usually the minimum age is around 14 or 15 years old. So do you believe that your grand-daughter is receiving sexual pleasure from this? Have you discussed this with her? And because this is not a treatment website, have you considered having her be seen by a Child/Adolescent Psychologist?