Dr. Keane
Dr. Keane, Therapist
Experience:  Clinical Psychology PhD, Licensed Professional Counselor with experience in marriage/family, teens and child psychology.
14832673

Have constant thoughts about co worker back stabing, get an

Customer Question

Have constant thoughts about co worker back stabing , get an idea in my head to try to retaliate then I have to act on the retaliation thought to go away then after I do it I no it's wrong and try to correct what I did
Category: Mental Health
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

*This website DOES NOT constitute treatment and only provides information and advice in a Q&A format. For treatment (therapy and/or medications) you must go to a licensed professional in your area. Please note that anything said here is not private or confidential, as this is a public forum.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. May I ask, what is your specific mental health question that you would like an answer to in regards ***** ***** situation?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Thoughts in head don't go away , loose of sleep thoughts goes away after rationalize ,a reaction that I have to physically , do then five minutes later realize what I did was wrong then try to correct wrong doing , then everything replays again
Expert:  Dr. Z replied 10 months ago.

Unfortunately it sounds like you may be suffering from Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD) and because you are only experiencing thoughts you are only suffering from Pure OCD. Given that these thoughts are unwanted, intrusive, and repetitive strongly suggests you have a OCD disorder. I would recommend that you go to your doctor where you will be prescribed an antidepressant like Luvox which will lessen these symptoms of OCD. Also you should be referred to a psychologist for Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT) and Exposure and Response Prevention (ERP) as this is the best form of therapy to treat OCD disorders.